Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Warm Welcome To Sharon Cooper


Let's give the newest addition to the K9 1-ON-1 family a warm welcome!

A little about Sharon...

" I have been practicing Yoga for 15 years, and teaching for 9. I obtained my Advanced Reiki certification in April 2013 and I am scheduled to graduate from Massage Therapy school in December 2013. After spending over 30 years in the restaurant business, I decided it was time to follow my heart and the path towards holistic care for both people and animals alike. With a compassionate heart, I look forward to working with each individual, to bring balance back to the body, mind and spirit.


While working at Woodstock Vet I would occasionally perform Reiki on the surgery patients. One in particular had just undergone a treatment for Lyme Disease, which can be very painful. The dog was very uncomfortable, shaking and visibly in pain. After about 15 minutes, she stopped shaking and was able to settle down, much calmer. Another time my cat had been missing for about a week. One day I came home to find him on the porch, pretty beat up and not able to put weight on his rare legs. An x-ray showed he had a broken pelvis and I was told to keep him confined. I performed Reiki on him for 5 days, 10-15 minutes sessions by day 6 he was walking. I attribute this to the healing power of Reiki."

Sharon will be providing Reiki for Pets here at K9 1-ON-1 by appointment only. 
 
Treatments typically last 15-30 minutes depending on how much energy the animal is willing to take. 
 
To book an appointment give us a call
(860)-963-2464


Sneak Peak...Tomorrow, we're going to feature everything you want and need to know about Reiki for Pets...stay tuned!

1 comment: