Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Homemade Gourmet Dog Treats


A few years ago I visited a dog boutique while on a weekend getaway.  It was a small shop that catered to everything and anything dogs.  From designer inspired apparel to faux gem encrusted leashes, they had it. This shop even had a tiny gourmet bakery section. A clear bag of gourmet dipped biscuits tied neatly with a bow caught my eye. 

I couldn't leave the store without these treats for our sweet pup.  The total was almost $15.  Our furkid is worth it however, this amount of money for 12 tiny treats?  The transaction was complete.  On the way out I promised myself I would never purchase these again from a store.  I was determined to recreate these gourmet dog treats in my kitchen.

That's exactly what I did and I've been whipping up batch after batch. In addition to spoiling our furkid with these a few times a week, I package them up for gifts. A lot of our friends are dog owners and these treats are a winner each and every time. 

Gourmet dipped dog treats are super easy to make. All you need is a bag of white chocolate, your furkid's favorite biscuits and some festive sprinkles.  Melt the white chocolate, dip 1/2 of the biscuit in, shake off excess and place on waxed paper.  After dipping each biscuit you'll want to put the sprinkles on right away.

Once cooled, package up for gifts or store in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment